Dis mos Lekker!
Recipe time and we finally have the one you have all been waiting for, thanks to the guys at SA Promo. Remember to share your photos once you’ve made it. We would love to see your creations!
- 2 Cups Flour (280 grams))
- 250 ml (227 g) Butter (must not be soft)
- 1 Egg (large)
- 1 Table Spoon (15 grams) Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (30 grams) Ice Water
- 2 Teaspoons Baking (14 grams) Powder
Oven temperature 400° F (200°C)
- Slice the butter in thin slices.
- Add the sugar and ice water and well beaten egg to the butter.
- Sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture and very gently
- mix the mixture by working it with your finger tips.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 20/30 minutes.
You can use 1 large oven dish or divide into 2 balls. then spray 2 pie dishes (32 oz. (1 liter) each. Press each ball onto a pie dish. Make sure it is evenly spread, the crust will be very thin if you use 2 pie dishes, and prick with a fork, it works just as well. Use fingers to make a pattern at the edge of the dish, or use a knife to cut a straight edge at the rim of the dish. Bake 10 -12 minutes until edge browns
Preheat the oven to 425° F (220°C)
- 1 Table (15 grams) Spoon Butter(Cold)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Litre Milk
- 1 Cup (120 grams) Flour
- 1 Cup (200 grams) Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- Vanilla Essence or Almond Essence
- Cinnamon Sugar or Roasted Coconut.
Rub the butter, salt, sugar and flour together with your finger tips until crumbed. Place the milk in a saucepan and bring the milk to boil, reduce to very low, very slowly add the crumbs little by little stirring with a egg whisk. (I find that it works the best.) Be careful not to burn the milk or to work too quickly with the crumbs as it can form lumps. Let it simmer for 5 minutes, just make sure it does not burn. Remove from the stove. Let it cool slightly. Add the 3 beaten eggs to the mixture. Mix well. (I beat the eggs with the electric mixer, turn the electric mixers speed to slowest setting and then I add the mixture very slowly.)
When cooled and add 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence. Remember for that special ‘Melktert’ taste use Almond Essence. Mix well. Place the mixture in the prepared dish or dishes and bake for 10 minutes.
When cooled sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or coconut.