- 600 g brown Mushrooms (sliced)
- 30 g butter
- salt and pepper
- small bunch fresh parsley (chopped)
- 400 g cooked steak (sliced)
- 100 ml onion marmalade
- 2 rolls puff pastry
- melted butter
Method 20 mins
- Fry the mushrooms with the butter, parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper until all the liquid they give off has fully evaporated from the pan. Set aside to cool.
- Take a Braai grid and unroll one sheet of puff pastry directly onto it.
- Leaving a 2cm border around the edges of the pastry, spread over the onion marmalade.
- Top with the steak, mushrooms, a pinch of salt and pepper and finish with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Pinch and fold over all of the edges to seal the braai pie.
- Brush with melted butter, close the grid and place onto the braai. Turn it every 3 minutes for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the pie is browned and the pastry is cooked through.
Credit: Food 24